Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Working It

Daily Weight: 208.2
Today's Workout: Strength Training

I haven't been as consistent as I could be this week. I need to be weighing my food more often, and making sure I log everything. Sadly I've been very lax in that. I try to make sure I don't overeat, wait a while after the first serving, try to make sure I drink more water, et cetera. I'm already on Week 2 of the C25K, but I'm thinking in order to make my weight loss goal of 15 lbs for the month, I'm going to have to run nightly, as well as do some strength training. I think I'll be bringing in my bands and maybe the smaller weights with me into the office so on my two breaks I can do some strength training, and run in the evenings on my way home. The park I go to is actually fairly well lit at night, though the beginning where I walk to warm up is still scary dark. I'll fight through it, though.

Work has been a bit stressful. I'm having more meetings with my director about treatment I've been getting from my manager and supervisors. I don't think it will change much, so on top of working on weight loss, I'm thinking I need to find a new job, too. Joy. I love job hunting about as much as I love the thought of ever dating again. Groan. Oh well. Something will come along eventually. And I've got my knitting to fall back on. Sort of. :)

I did go swing dancing on Saturday. I tell you what, I fell in love with it. I'm not very good at it yet, but it was a lot of fun. So much fun, in fact, that my friend and I are going to Dallas next Saturday for a lindy hop workshop, and the following Friday I'm leaving work early for a swing workshop that we missed last Saturday. One day I'm going to get over to the hall across the tracks from the office on a Wednesday for their swing dance lesson, maybe not stay for the dance unless I take the next day off. I got a good workout, and Dorkenstein and I danced together alot. I also danced with a guy named Nathan who was really really good. He also goes to the club across the tracks, so I'll at least know one person there lol... I'll hit up some thrift stores and see if I can find some circle skirts, or at least some material to make me a good swing dance skirt. I really like it. I'm just really surprised that I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment