Monday, January 2, 2012

2012! Woot!

So the first day is going pretty well. I got up around 515a and let the dogs out. While they were out I threw on my workout clothes. Since we don't have the Netflix subscription any longer I can't use the Crunch Bootcamp that I was absolutely loving, but I found a neat app for my phone called VirtuaGym. It has a few different preset routines that are for both at home with no equipment, or for inside a stocked gym. There is no option for using hand weights or anything like that, but there is another app that I can use for it. I tell you, I love my smartphone :) Very handy. I can then put all the information into the My Fitness Pal account I have, and it'll be easy to keep track of everything.

My goals are pretty simple. I'm going to take it month by month, with a goal loss of 15 lbs every month. Since February is shorter, I'm thinking 12-13 lbs will be okay. I'm trying to cut back on soda again, so I'm allowing myself a can in the morning at work to take my medications (multivitamin and allergy, nothing major), and one at lunch. Dinner I want to keep to water or milk. Oatmeal for breakfast, with cereal or eggs at home. Snacks are simple things like peanuts, Chex Mix, or Wheat Thins. I think one dessert a week is okay, but I'd like to keep it out. I usually tend to go overboard, so why not take away that temptation? Mike has said we'll meet next week for lunch at either Twin Peaks or Tilted Kilt (their shepherd's pie is to DIE for!), but I'm thinking I may use that as a motivator. I think if I hit my goal of 15 lbs lost by 31 January, I'll allow myself a lunch at either TK or TP. Something small, though. I'm not going to try to eat my weight in wings or something ;)

Here's my plan:

Monday:
     Weigh-In
     VirtuaGym, Home No Equipment, Beginners (20m)
   
Tuesday:
     Weigh-In
     VirtuaGym, Home No Equipment, Beginners (20m)
     C25K

Wednesday
     Weigh-In
     VirtuaGym, Home No Equipment, Beginners (20m)

Thursday:
     Weigh-In
     VirtuaGym, Home No Equipment, Beginners (20m)
     C25K (evening run after work)

Friday:
     Weigh-In
     VirtuaGym, Home No Equipment, Beginners (20m)
   
Saturday:
     Weigh-In
     C25K

Sunday:
     Weigh-In
     Zombie, Run!

This seems like something that wouldn't be too hard to handle, and to really stay on course. The Sunday run is just going to be a fun run, something Rachel and I can do together. We can turn it into almost a fartlek with obstacles thrown in to give it that little bit of oomph. I know I need to be sure to get in some plyometrics to get ready for soccer. I'm thinking with the weight loss, soccer will become a more viable choice for sports. I think that will help keep me in shape once I lose it, too. I have to keep in mind, too, that we're starting swing dancing this week. That's going to be some good exercise, too.

I think I've got a decent plan here. Let's just hope I can keep at it. I think fitting in some weight training is a good idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment