Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tough Week

No exercising with the exception of household chores. I kind of watched what I ate at the beginning of the week, then it all fell all to hell. This morning wasn't too terribly bad. I had a venti caramel macchiato from Starbucks, as well as the mini vanilla bean scones. Not too bad, but I've had better. I do have chicken noodle soup for lunch, and dinner- I haven't even thought about dinner yet. We're having the kid's birthday party this afternoon at a park in Corinth, so there will be cake. Just a small one though. We're not going too big. Just a family thing for right now.

The girl and I went to see Wicked on Thursday in Dallas, and OMG. It was AMAZING! I have read the books, and I also have the soundtrack on CD, and am just thrilled with it. The story is indeed a little different than the book, but it is oh so good! I even got a little misty-eyed in a few places. :) The girl loved it, and as soon as it was over was asking to see it again. We may make this a yearly (or whenever it is here) thing. Next on our list is Spamalot. The national tour for next year has not been announced yet, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

I also had a chance to talk with the girl about running in a 5k. She is up for it and has been asking to go running with me more often. I think we may get signed up for the TMS 5k that usually happens in November. That way it's not in the heat of the summer (August runs blow in Texas) and it gives us plenty of time to train so there are no more Dash Down Greenville disappointments (42 minutes- seriously???).

I am also thinking of adjusting the way I do this blog. Instead of just freeforming it (and rambling) as I do now, I will have particular sections, like food, exercise, family, et cetera. I'll work something out over the next few days and put it into action as soon as I decide. I think this will certainly help as long as I make sure to blog just before bed.

I'm off to do some reading and finish my coffee. Finishing up one Stephen King novel (Lisey's Story) and continuing with another (From A Buick 8). It's been awhile, Mr King. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment