Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Conception

It has taken me ages to really decide how to proceed with this plan. I am 35 (36 in August, but don't tell anyone!) and I have a pretty normal life these days. My childhood wasn't, but that is another story for another day. I'm married to my military sweetheart of near-16 years, and together we've managed to create a girl who is not only smart, but pretty, talented and creative to boot. We live in a simple single-family house with three dogs and a pair of cats, and I have a nice, normal job at a local hospital. I'm even so vanilla I play in a community orchestra and am part of the Girl Scouts. Nothing too overly exciting, I'm afraid.

I have, however, managed to do the right American thing once I got out of the military. I got fat. I got lazy, developed a taste for fast foods, sweets and sodas, and an aversion to working out. I am fat enough that my ass fits into a pair of men's size 42 paints. At 5 foot 3 inches tall, that is not a pretty picture! I know this, and yet I keep eating crap and not working out. Small rewards work for a short time, but after a while they are neglected and eventually the bad habits return. So I've decided to give myself the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE-ALLEGE-allenge (cue dramatic music). Within one years time I want to be at 120 lbs. If in that time I am at my goal weight, I will begin the process of arranging to get to London. I'll set aside money, I'll find local hostels (but no going to parties with hot but strange guys, thank you very much, Eli Roth!) or whatever, but I want to get there and immerse myself in the culture of the country and its history. My mini goals will also be reshaped to reflect the trip, like picking up travel books, new luggage, and the final step- the passport. I think this will be a great step and help me take the weight off by getting me somewhere I've always wanted to visit.

So that's my plan thus far. It's not too bad, really. And it's totally feasible, especially if I can get a deal and make it work for me.

So here we go. I hope you enjoy the ride.

*~Smee

UPDATE:
HOLY CRAP! I'm looking at over $1,000 just in airfare alone, looking online! I think I may have to find sponsorship or grants or something because that's not even food, travel (like a rental car) or lodging. This is going to be hella-interesting to throw together.

No comments:

Post a Comment