Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Another Day, Another Dollar

This has not been a good week so far. Halfway through and I haven't exercised at all except for housework. I have also forgotten my lunch the past 2 days, so I'm hitting up McDonald's since it is fast and I can get a Happy Meal. Tonight I have to remind myself to pack my lunch. I mean, that's why I have kick ass Serenity and Star Wars lunchboxes, right?


DIET: Yeah it's been pretty bad. We ate at home every night though. I did kind of gorge on pizza one night, eating about half of a pie. Even though it was a small one, it's still a lot. The rest of the week is manageable since there is no more pizza. I have to keep in mind- Portion Control.


EXERCISE: Yeah, not a bit. My girl and I are going running today, though. Well I'll be running, she wants to rollerblade. I'm okay with that. We did go to the museum last Friday and spent 2 1/2 hours walking around, as well as an hour outside walking. It was nice and by the time we got home we were plumb tuckered out. That counts a little bit, I would think.


FAMILY: The family is well. Mike's possibly going to be working some Saturdays to get caught up on some testing his company has going on. Rach and I are now part of a fife and drum corp. We got fitted for our uniforms on Thursday (another kick to the groin there) and have our first performance on 3 July. There is a parade in the morning and a sit-down performance in the evening. It should be fun. Flute choir also started back up last night. This will change my rest days from Sunday to Tuesday now. We will be getting new music to look over, and our last orchestra performance of the season is Saturday. That's going to be fun because it's all sounding really good. We're also going through and deciding how to redecorate the house. I'm getting some solid ideas from Mike and Rach. We're looking at taking up the laminate and painting the concrete underneath. I've seen some pictures and it looks good. Rach wants her room painted in the Texas Longhorns orange and white, so we'll be looking at that as well. Still no idea on the living room, but I'm wanting an apple green in the front room with white trim and black furniture. I think that will look nice. Once it's done- hello hi-fi console with a turntable! :)


ARTSY: Still nothing on the artsy front. I've gotten a few ideas from some blogs on things to try. One will be a pendant lamp for Rach's bedroom. It seems pretty simple, but we'll see once I get started on it. I still have hats to knit, scarves to block, and a dog mat to sew. I need to hurry and get that front room squared away so I can hunt for a large desk to go in there. It'll be nice when it's all done.


GOALS: To say I haven't met my goals would be a gross understatement. Very little water, a lot of soda, and poor eating. And of course no blogging. I need to find a way to remedy that. Carry a water bottle all the time? A small notebook to write everything down? Those both may be some darn good ideas. We'll go with that. Tonight I'll go home, pack my lunch, and stick a water bottle and notebook in my bag.


I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain either.


GOALS FOR THE WEEK:
  1. Carry a water bottle daily.
  2. Pack my lunch daily.
  3. Write down in a notebook everything I eat and drink.
WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: 2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment